By D. Lanier Shook January 13, 2018
The American population is living longer and doing more — that’s the good news. The American population is living longer and doing more — that’s the better news. But that good news comes along with new realities for all of us and that’s why you need to know about the Palmetto Senior Show next week.
The Palmetto Senior Show is at Columbia’s State Fair Grounds —- only two hours away from Asheville and one hour from the Upstate. Its going to be a dynamic event with over a hundred vendors, live entertainment, food vendors, celebrity appearances, and even contests. You can find out more by clicking here to visit their website.
But the vendors, food, and information aren’t the only reason to attend. This is a great place to have some good, clean fun. Its not often you can get this much for five bucks. Here are some of the celebrities you can look forward to seeing include:
- Willie Wells and the Blue Mountain Grass are more than just another bluegrass band. These six artists combine a vast treasury of talent, knowledge, and experience. They’ve literally inherited their roles — several come from bluegrass families — and are nationally recognized — one member even hosted a national bluegrass program for several decades. For more information click here to read the band’s bio and click here to connect with them on Facebook. When you see them remember to congratulate them on their new recording contract.
- The Time Pirates are a group you’ll love if you’re a fan of Elvis, Simon and Garfunkel, or Jimmy Buffett. They call Irmo home and are taking time out of their busy schedule to stop by the Palmetto Senior Show on Thursday. You can read more about that schedule by clicking here to visit their website. You can sample their sound by clicking here to visit their Reverbnation page or you can connect to them by clicking here to visit their Facebook page.
- Jeff Flanders and Gertrood the Duck are a duo composed of a radio hosting Sheriff’s deputy and a very large yellow duck. Sergeant Flanders presents G-rated entertainment and you can connect with him by clicking here to visit his Facebook page.
- Reverend “Mr. Ed” Wilkes is a professional bag piper who not only plays bagpipes, but can teach you to also and fix that annoying miss in your Cobra attack helicopter while he’s at it. (I hate it when my Cobra hesitates at five thousand feet.) You can click here to connect with the Army Aviation veteran’s Facebook page.
- Miss South Carolina Suzi Roberts will be making an appearance and you can connect with the professional dancer by clicking here to visit her webpage.
- The website lists “Live PD Appearances” and I’m guessing this means members of the Richland County Sheriff’s Department, since they have been involved with the show. The A & E website for the tv show doesn’t list appearances, so I’m guessing that the Sheriff’s Department will be making a visit.
- Tim Miller, the weather man from Columbia’s local NBC affiliate WIS-TV, will be making an appearance. You can connect with Tim on Facebook or Twitter.
So if you’re interested in pertinent information for South Carolina seniors, are in Columbia on Thursday, or want good clean fun the Palmetto Senior Show is where you need to be. (DISCLAIMER: Our legal staff insists we inform you that we cannot be held liable if the Show’s fun is neither good nor clean.) So remember to click here to visit their website.