By D. Lanier Shook April 1, 2017
If you don’t read your local newspaper you are missing alot. Local newspapers aren’t just a great source of information, they’re a great way to get to know your community and beyond. The Asheville Citizen Times is a perfect example of this. The local articles they print are great ways to get a feel for the community. Of course, the fact they actually hired Jason Sandford — the blogging genius behind the phenomenal Ashvegas.com — warms the heart of any blogger.
The Sunday, March 26 edition of the Asheville paper had an subscriber exclusive section that really impressed me. Their Guide to Family Travel is a must-read for those in Asheville, Upstate South Carolina, and the surrounding area. Here are five reasons you should read it.
- It has a great article about how to survive a roadtrip with kids — what to take and how to pull it off without pulling out your hair.
- It gives you a good picture of local offerings, attractions and destinations literally within a day’s travel.
- The Guide goes beyond daytrips to give a snapshot of what’s available if you want to visit the Northeast, Midwest, Southwest, or Northwest.
- It devotes an entire page to Greenville, South Carolina, listing over twenty attractions there.
- Its FREE! Even if you don’t subscribe to the paper you should be able to find a copy at your local library — in the Asheville area.
If you’re in the Upstate of South Carolina, the Hickory area, or most of East Tennessee you should be able to find a copy of the March 26 edition of the Asheville paper and this insert. It may take a little effort to find it, but its worth it. If you’re in the Asheville or Western North Carolina area then you have no excuse not to look it up and read it. Yes, its that good.