By D. Lanier Shook February 3, 2017
Guys, if you are in a relationship then you probably already know Valentine’s Day is right around the corner. If you don’t, well, now you do. (And good luck with the relationship. Seriously, you’ll need it.)
If you know Valentine’s Day is right around the corner — Tuesday, February 14, to be precise — then you should be sweating bullets over it. (If you’re in a relationship and you don’t take Valentine’s Day seriously then you’re wayyy beyond help. Sorry. But keep reading, because there is hope for you.) Fortunately the folks at VisitKnoxville are there for all of you and have pulled together something that will make February 14 so much easier for men — a list.
Guys love lists. They’re so compartmentalized and easy. You just list it and check it off as you go. Its all there on the paper. So guys, click here to visit the VisitKnoxville Valentine’s Day page. These folks are good. Here are a few of the things they’ve thought of for you and your Valentine.
- A symphony or play
- A riverboat cruise
- Golf, rock climbing, or bowling
- An urban scavenger hunt or zip-lining
- Links to 12 Knoxville area restaurants
Obviously there’s alot there and I haven’t even scratched the surface of what the folks at VisitKnoxville have on their list. Of course the reason I mentioned VisitKnoxville’s Valentine’s Day page isn’t just because of the content. So here’s my own list of why you should consider Knoxville as a Valentine’s Day:
- Knoxville is 2 hours from Asheville and 3 hours from Upstate South Carolina. Remember a roadtrip is a great way to spend time together and get to know each other better. Its also just far enough away to justify staying a night in one of Knoxville’s great hotels or motels.
- Remember, even if you don’t find everything you want on VisitKnoxville’s list Knoxville is literally a hop, skip, and jump from Gatlinburg & Sevierville. So click here to visit Gatlinburg’s website or click here to visit Sevierville’s website to explore what they could add to what Knoxville has to offer.
- Did I mention VisitKnoxville has done all the heavy lifting for you? Seriously, they’ve got everything laid out on the webpage. So click here to visit it if you haven’t yet.
Good luck, I hope this helps.