By D. Lanier Shook October 31, 2013
There are several ways to save money while traveling. Time is money, stress can cost you money, and opportunity can be money. That’s why you need to finish your holiday shopping on November 15 and 16 in Hildebran, just this side of Hickory. Here are Four Reasons to be at the Hildebran Holiday Craft, Art & Food Show. (Click here to visit their website.)
Hildebran is about an hour away. Just jump on I-40 and you’ll be there in less time than it takes you to go grocery shopping.
2. Quality of gifts
Sure, you could go to a big box store — or even a upscale chain store — and get your gifts, but what happens when your brother in law, sister in law, mother, or boss gets three of the same from other folks who think the same way as you do. The Hildebran Holiday Craft, Art & Food Show offers you unique woodcrafts, foods, wines, clothing, jewelry, and other awesome gifts that nobody else will have thought to buy. Just click here to get an idea of the selection you’ll have to choose from at the show. Oh, and don’t forget about the cooking demonstrations that will make your holiday meals easier.
3. You’re near Hickory and Morganton
- Maybe some of the folks on your list don’t want the quality crafts offered by the scores of vendors in Hildebran. Well, some folks are like that. If you are in Hidebran this won’t be a problem since you’ll find any store you can imagine in Hickory and Morganton. Here are a few of our past articles that will show how vibrant the area is.
- Hickory Museum of Aviation
- Hickory Museum of Art
- A great exhibit that will still be at the Hickory Museum of Art that weekend
- Hickory’s Union Square, a great place to have dinner
- A personal message from the Mayor of Hickory
- Hickory Furniture Mart
- Granite Falls, just north of Hickory
- Newton, just east of Hickory
- Glen Alpine, just west of Morganton
- Downtown Morganton
- Morganton’s Kala Gallery
- Old Burke County Courthouse
4. Hunger Games
Hildebran made the national news not long ago as the filming location of the movie The Hunger Games. So when you buy your gifts at the Hildebran Holiday Craft, Art & Food Show you can tell the recipients they are from District 12.
- Click here to read all sorts of stories about Hildebran and the Hunger Games. (DISCLAIMER: I haven’t read all these.)
- Click here to find out about the Hildebran Museum will show you what life was like in District 12. (Actually this part of North Carolina was filled with mill towns, in some ways not that different from the mines of District 12.)
- Hunger Games Unofficial Fan Tours